MVC in Flex – Introduction to Design Patterns
The MVC pattern is most commonly used to create a interfaces for the software applications,
and as the name implies, consists of the three elements
Locates all data information for the application. It does not care about how you interpret it or
how process it.
View displays the information coming from the model. It only cares the GUI part and listens
Model for data updates.
Controller is a subsystem between Model and View. It helps both to communicate each other.
Main Advantage of MVC :
● Clean separation of code/Classes
● Easier way of testing
● Allow multiple people working on different task.
● Allows multiple representations (views) of the same information (model)
● Allows user interfaces (views) to be easily added, removed, or changed, at both compile time
● Allows response to user input (controller) to be easily changed, at both compile time and
● Promotes reuse (e.g., one view might be used with different models)
● Allows multiple developers to simultaneously update the interface, logic, or input of an
application without affecting other source code
● Helps developers focus on a single aspect of the application at a time