Apache Hadoop ( name is derived from a cute toy elephant ) is an opensource java framework which allows you to store large amount of data on clusters of low cost commodity hardware.
- It provides you the techniques to process the distributed data using simple programming models.
- Hadoop Framework allows to quickly write and test the distributed systems
- It does not rely on hardware to provide fault tolerance and high availability.
- It is compatible to all platforms because it is an java based component.
- It’s based on Google File System